Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ummmm... could you repeat that?

This morning at school I took another teacher's hall duty before school to pay her back for filling in for my duty one day. As two little first graders walked by, I said my usual cheery, "Good morning!!" The one looked brightly up at me and said, "I have a heller." Okay. Did he say what I thought he said? I AM well over 40 and the old hearing ability is a little compromised. So I politely said, "Excuse me?" And he repeated it exactly the same, but this time the other little boy also told me that he has a "heller too!" Well, I'm not up on the latest video games, so I'm thinkin' maybe that's what it is. Or maybe it's a brand of sneakers, or a toy, or maybe even a really bad headache. All of this was flying through my head at the speed of, well, the speed of a 40-something brain, when one of the boys added, "Yeah, we were just at the nurse."

LIGHT BULB!!

I responded, "Oh, you have an inhaler!"
They weren't the only ones who were breathing easier!

5 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Glad you got that cleared up! I think today is going to be an inhaler of a day for me! Mama leaves at 4pm for 4 days! I don't batch very well! I definitely need an inhaler - a chocolate flavored one!

Kelley said...

That goodness that was cleared up. I couldn't figure out what that could be either.

TobyBo said...

I am so glad you provided a translation.

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! And I guess you are much brighter than I because the fact that they had been at the nurse did NOT cause the light bulb to go on in my head. Takes me awhile I guess.

CrossView said...

My brain must be older than yours because it would have taken me longer to figure that one out! =D