Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Blessings... with a few bumps in the road

PA is known for its awful roads. We are a crossroads state for traffic going to New England, NY, NJ, OH, and well, all over the north-east. So we get a lot of heavy-duty truck traffic. And our roads show it. You can be sailing along, all nice and smoothly, then, WHAM! Your car hits a pothole- no wait, more like a sink-hole, and you spend the next 5 minutes trying to find which way your cell phone and dentures flew. It struck me that life is like that. Smooth, then rough, then smooth, then rough. That was our weekend.

There were HIGHS, then there were lows.

Friday: a high- my Sunshine came home from college for a week.

Friday: a low- eldest step-daughter has car accident.

Saturday: a high- birthday shopping for Sunshine.

Saturday: a low- Joey Oreo-y, one of our boomerang cats that found his way home from the farm, is noticeably sick and is not eating or drinking.

Sunday: a high- worshipping at church with all 3 of our girls.

Sunday: a low- Joey goes to the Great Litterbox in the Sky.

Sunday: a high- we four women attend a bridal shower for my niece.

Sunday: a low- Hubs had to dig the grave for poor Joey... in frozen ground.

Sunday: a high- we all went out to dinner for Sunshine's b-day.

Sunday: a low- eldest step-daughter had to return to college (with her father's car!).

Sunday: a high- 3 of Sunshine's guy friends came over for ice cream cake (like we needed that after eating at a shower and a Mexican restaurant).

Monday: a low- Sunshine needs an appliance for her TMJ and locked jaw and insurance won't pay a red cent. Drats.

Monday: a high- Sunshine needs new tires on her car, and Hubs realizes that the junk car he bought for parts has 4 new tires that just "happen" to fit her car (God is good!)

And then Tuesday: another high- I got to teach all my beloved kidlets at school that I hadn't seen since Friday. And dang it, I love those kids and I love my job!

Thank you, Lord, for the bumps and trials that make us appreciate the calm and peaceful.

4 comments:

carrie said...

you wear dentures? ha ha. Did you find them?

Mostly Sunny said...

Actually, I don't wear dentures... yet. But I've had so much dental work that I tell Hubs, "When I die, pull all my teeth. There's a lot of money in them!"

Unknown said...

Condolences on the loss of Joey. Was he the cat with the tilted noggin?

You know, after riding on some of those roads in PA, I think those potholes could cause one to need dentures! And spinal surgery, and treatment for a concussion, and post-traumatic stress syndrome... Not to mention a new transmission...

Anonymous said...

Well said.