Monday, March 03, 2008

How can this be? I'm only 29!!


My baby's 21. How can this be? It's truly impossible for 2 reasons:

1. I'm only 29.

2. I'm still carrying my baby weight. How long can I use that excuse? Is there an expiration date on excuses?

Hungry and ready to eat at Fiesta Mexico!




A strawberry margarita! Delish! Her older sis and Gramps gave her a little help finishing it.





Yum! Ice cream cake! Complete with 21 candles. Good thing we didn't set off the smoke alarm.


Grammie and Gramps helped us celebrate - there's no way my dad would pass up a good Mexican meal!



Lovin' from the 'rents.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I tell my kids that when they are older than me (in my eternal state of 39), explaining it to other people is THEIR problem.

CrossView said...

Why, oh why, do they grow up so quickly??!! And why do we raise them to not need us? *sobs with you*

And Happy Birthday! =D

Anonymous said...

Man Nancee! You started young! She is gorgeous and so is her mommy! My baby turns 21 next week...sniff, sniff. It seems like only yesterday, you know?

Sorry to hear about you rough week. That was a lot of potholes you hit. Thank God He brings us through them with joy.

p.s. I feel your pain about our lovely roads on this side of the country. Just glad I'm not yet searching for my dentures!

40winkzzz said...

My oldest will turn 21 this year. AND, my 2nd-oldest will turn 18. AND, my #3 will turn teenager. AND, my baby will turn double-digits. All within a 3-1/2-month span. I'm going to be a wreck. I bet when God planned our family, he got a big laugh out of thinking about 2008.

At least hubby and I aren't celebrating significant bdays this year. As I like to remind him, he'll be turning 3-years-short-of-50, whereas I will be a mere 3-years-past-40.