Monday, March 10, 2008

My dogs are just gross.

This is Sheepy, also affectionately called Nasty Sheep. You can see why. Sheepy has taken many baths, but nary a dent could be made in her petrified slobber armor. Sheepy is the beloved possession of Jen-i-fur Low-paws, our German Shepherd/Corgi/Chow mix. Yeah, I know. We haven't been able to figure that one out either. Maybe there was a step stool involved. But I digress.



Jen had many other beloved toys until Heidi, AKA, the Princess, arrived and systematically disemboweled the whole herd, leaving only Sheepy. Maybe Sheepy was even too disgusting for Heidi. Which is hard to believe, because as off yesterday we renamed Heidi "Poopfur."
We live in the middle of a large field that the Canadian geese just love to rest in, and well, rest-room in. In the same manner that my grandmother used to douse herself in Jean Nate', Heidi proceeded to douse herself in goose waste. Ugh. I do NOT have a picture of that. It's a sight and smell that I do not wish to relive. My most wonderful and forever-to-be-adored Hubs bathed Princess Poopfur. I think I love him more today than yesterday.
Yeah, my dogs ARE disgusting. But for some reason, I love them. Sometimes more than my kids (Don't tell the kids).

5 comments:

:)De said...

Thanks for visiting. I love my rottie. And I know what you mean about loving the dog...dog never talks back, never mumbles under their breath and never, ever sighs when it's time to go to school. LOL
BTW: I used to live on a pond and the duck and geese poop was like cement spackle...way gross.
:)De

carrie said...

do yours ever eat their own poop? because I've found that to be pretty gross.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancee! Thanks for your sweet comments about my photography, but I tell you, it has very little to do with me. It's just a really good camera!

And I don't personally live with dogs, but they are right next door at my parents, which is close enough to love them and yet far enough away to avoid any work associated with them, with the one exception of my wee one coming home smelling like dirty dog. UGH.

Kelley said...

Dogs are horrible sometimes. Ours has a Joe Gorilla and I wouldn't ever even post pictures of that thing. People would run screaming the other direction.....Plus we have a cat so he usually partakes in cat box crunchies...ICK....

You have a lovely blog.

CrossView said...

No. That is not what I think it is.
=P