Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Be afraid... be very, very afraid.

For some random reason, I googled myself to see what would happen. I found my name in this funny post below at http://www.outsports.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t6604.html


Most Feared People in Sports

By Maddog
Oct 29 2005, 11:37 AM
10 Most Feared People in Sports
I saw this list online and wanted to add my own: Nancy B.

Sport: Tetherball

In third grade Nancy was the queen of tetherball. No girl would play her and a boy would only play her if he was called a chicken or a wussy or was triple-dog-dared. And with good reason. Nancy towered over everyone in the class. She'd been held back two years so she was the size of a fifth grader. And she was mean. She would do holds and double-taps and then deny she did them. No one argued with her. No one dared.I would say of all the sports I've played since, I've never been half as terrified as I was when I played Nancy B. in Tetherball.


This post cracks me up for a couple of reasons:
First, I DID tower over everyone else.
Second, I was the one that was a huge wuss. And no one has ever been terrified of me, except maybe the dogs when I threaten them with a rolled up newspaper and a day of fasting.
Third, I was not married in third grade, therefore I was not Nancy B. back then. I was Nancy R.

I guess I'll have to go google my maiden name. Maybe it'll come up that I was a wuss that Nancy B. beat.

1 comment:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Too funny! I am sure Mama could beat you at tether ball - check my latest post and you will understand my comment! :o)