Monday, February 04, 2008

Groundhog Day... cat style



So we have this stray cat- okay, so she's been here 2 years and she's no longer a stray, but she started out homeless. And last fall, 2006, she "blessed" us with kittens. 8 kittens. And this was less than 4 months after she had first "blessed" us with 4 kittens. Do the math. 12 kittens within a third of a year. My husband's sister-in-law bestowed mercy upon us and took the first 4 to her farm. Out of the second batch, 4 went to fellow teachers and one went to Mom and Dad. Okay, still doing the math? That leaves 3. Now remember, we still have the momma, whom we got fixed right after batch #2.


Digression ahead: we wanted to get her spayed after batch #1, but she was already preggers with her 8-pack. Back to story.


2nd digression: Keep in mind that we also share our humble abode with 3 dogs and 2 indoor cats and 4 kids. NOW back to the story.


Fast forward to Groundhog Day, 2008. Hubs's first father-in-law tells us, "Sure, you can take those last 3 "kittens" to my farm!" These guys are no longer kittens... they are now 12-pound eating, clawing, and litter-box-filling machines. So we took 2 of the boys (I just had to keep Crooked Jack with the sideways head- another story) and momma Daisy to their new digs.


Remember the movie Groundhog Day, where Bill Murray kept reliving the same events? Well, Groundhog Day is not just a movie anymore. It's the real deal. Because next thing we know, Tater returns. Oi. The Loudmouth. The one I'd least like to see ever again.


And Groundhog Day AGAIN! Joey Oreo-y reappears next. How in the heck do cats do that?? I can't even find my car in the parking lot and they can find their way home after being driven blindly 3 miles away!
Forget "My Lil' Reminder" for $9.99! I can just strap a cat around my neck and never lose my car again!
And why do people pay hundreds of dollars for a Tom-tom? For the price of a bag of Meow Mix and a box of cat litter, you can get a fairly reliable, and warm and fuzzy mind you, navigational device.
In the meantime, I'm waiting for the momma to come home to roost. Then my nightmare will be complete.

3 comments:

CrossView said...

Hilarious!

"I can just strap a cat around my neck and never lose my car again!"
I spewed!

ummmhello said...

Too funny! My cat's not the brightest in the bunch, she'd probably be the only cat that couldn't find her way home!

Unknown said...

HA! Hey, if we ever lose Mom, maybe PeeWee will be able to find her!