Saturday, February 16, 2008

He gets two thumbs up.



The hubby and I have company this weekend. He's Sunshine's boyfriend, and we think he's dope (you know, "cool." Okay, I'll admit that I'm too old to use the new lingo. Sorry.)

Last week you met Crooked Jack, this week I'd like you to meet Big Bryce. And yes, that's one of the things we like about him. He's tall. He's 6'5". We like tall. We are tall. If you're under 5'10" at our house, you'll stick out like a sore thumb, or should I say, Tom Thumb. My Sunshine is 5'11" so she needs a tall guy. I'm 5'10" and the hubs is 6'3", The Boy is 6'5", my dad was 6'6" in his prime, my sister is 5'10", my brother is 6'5". You get the picture. We're Dutch, and they grow 'em tall in Holland so that if the dike breaks, the people will all be tall enough to keep their heads above water. Um, maybe I made that part up, but it makes sense to me. My step-daughters, who unfortunately don't share my gene pool, are ashamedly only 5'6" and 5'4". Tsk, tsk.


We also like Bryce because he'll eat anything. This is a mother's dream. Beef? Yup. Italian? Yup. Eggs? Yup. And of course, the big food test: coffee? Yup. And my own home-raised Sunshine, what does she eat? Let's just say she's a diabetic-in-training. If it's a starch, she'll eat it. If it's cheese, she'll not only eat it, she'll bathe in it. Maybe Bryce will be good for her and will be able to do what I've been trying to do for 21 years... get her to eat a Brussel sprout. But that's another story, about how she almost tossed her cookies at an important dinner when I made her try a Brussel sprout for the first time. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Take it from me. Don't force new foods on your kids when you're trying to impress the would-be-new-inlaws.


Reason #3 we like Bryce: he cleans up after himself. I checked the guest bedroom today to make sure all was in order and he had made the bed! And, I could see the rug! It's blue! When my son stayed in that room, I wasn't even sure there WAS carpet in that room.


Reasons #4-6: he comes from a Christian homeschooling family, and his dad's a teacher. Gotta love all that stuff too.


Most importantly? Reason #7: he LOVES the Giants.

If they don't get married someday, I'm going to adopt him. Is 23 too old to be adopted?

3 comments:

carrie said...

sounds like a winner! And I love that your family is tall. We might be related.

Unknown said...

Hm, so that's B-ryce. He looks too normal to be part of our family.

Gotta dig the tall part, though. I've already told my kids they can't marry anyone under 5'10". I plan to have grandchildren who are in the NBA and NHL.

As for the adoption: Why don't you wait to see what kind of career he ends up with? Maybe he could adopt YOU. :)

CrossView said...

Ooh! Sounds great! If you change your mind about adoption, send him here! =D

Do I dare admit that my 18-yr old is 4'11"?
But my 25-yr old is 6'2"...