Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm going on a trip... I think.

So this really random thing happened to me on the way home from work. I was listening to my usual WJTL, the local Christian radio station, and this song came on that I've never heard. I don't know who the guy was that was singing it, but I believe it had something do with the end of his life and his going to heaven. The lyrics were, "I'm gonna flyyyyyyyy a-way! I'm gonna flyyyyyyyyy a-way!"

At that exact moment, and I mean exact, a car merged in front of me, and I looked at their vanity plate which read, "FLY AWAY." I kid you not. I started loudly exclaiming to myself, "No way! No way! How weird, how weird, how weird, how weird!"

Then I started to worry. Is God trying to tell me something? Am I going to fly away, as in, leave this earth??? Luckily I was only 3 miles from home so I didn't think a major accident was likely in the following 5 minutes. Maybe our black cat (who I appropriately nicknamed 'Satan' on his 3rd day of life, but later would change to Joey Oreo-y) would succeed in his evil plan to open my jugular with his claws.

Or maybe my sanity is going to fly away. I mean, one more night of our 3 dogs going ballistic and madly barking at NOTHING at 3 a.m. could definitely make me go all looney-tooney.

Or MAYBE, just MAYBE, I'm supposed to go on a trip, say, to Madagascar to see The Boy? Yeah, I'm pretty sure my very strange "fly away" coincidence was a sign that I'm supposed to leave all of this coldness behind and fly to Madagascar, Hawaii, the Bahamas, or some such place. Now I just need to see a license plate that reads "BELIZE."

4 comments:

Karate Mom said...

Hey, thanks for stopping my my blog!!
I really hope that you see a license tag with "Belize" on it tommorow so it can be confirmed that you are going on a nice, sunny trip!

Karen said...

If you go to Belize please send pictures so we can share the sunshiney-warmth with you!

CrossView said...

Ooh! I hope it's to go and see your son!

Or maybe it's for ME to get a vacation??!! Oops! Didn't mean to step on yours... =P

carrie said...

hmm, that is odd. Hope it's something fun and interesting.