Monday, January 21, 2008

My dogs are so gracious...
















I'm so glad they share their bed with me. What? You can't see me? I'm there, the big lump on the right. They have dog beds, which the cats sleep on. And the cats have a cat tower on the front porch which no one sleeps in.


The mutts not only think they're entitled to the bed, but to our food as well. We have a path beaten to PetSmart, buying them NAME brand food, but is that good enough for our four-legged goons? No, they want pancakes. The pork-butt at the bottom left of the picture will sit in front of the counter as long as the pancakes sit out on a plate. I'm going to run an experiment one of these days and leave the left-over pancakes on the counter for daaaaaaaays and see what happens.


You know, you'd think the dog would have a system worked out with the cats by now:


Pork-butt: Hey, Hashbrown, jump up there and push that pancake off the counter, would ya?


Hashbrown: What's in it for me?



Pork-butt: I won't chase you for a whole week, and I'll let you lick my ears (yeah, Hashie really does do this).



Thankfully, the cat stays off the counter and our pancakes live to see another day.

Well, it's bedtime for me. I better go stake my claim in my little corner of the bed before the dogs rent it out to a cat.


Oops, too late.






3 comments:

carrie said...

My dog/hyena is not allowed on the bed, but we have come back in the house unexpectedly when going somewhere and caught him up there. The look on his face is priceless.

And I had to tell you--I have this little weather notifier that pops up every so often on my browser and whenever it says, "Mostly sunny" I think about you.

CrossView said...

Too funny!

Careful or they'll be making you eat that name brand dog food whilst they raid the 'frig!

Unknown said...

Did you know that one of our pugs will sit in front of the counter when the ice cream bucket is there, and BARK as if to say, "HEY! I'm waitin' here!"

Our local paper recently did a Biggest Loser Pet Contest, and the owners of this one black lab said they had such a problem with his weight because he would help himself to anything he could get to in the pantry or fridge. He would steal, and eat, jars of peanut butter, entire loaves of bread, blocks of cheese, snacks off the counter (including the napkins they were laid out on), and boxes of crackers.

I guess it's a good thing that PorkButt has such short legs. :)