Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ya Hoo!!!!

We had a Top 10 Day yesterday! My eldest, and my only son, graduated from Geneva College. Yes, he's the same one who spent 3 months in Madagascar and lost 20 lbs. And may I say, he's kept it off. He told me, "Oh, I just haven't been that hungry. I only eat one main meal a day." I wanted to slap him, no not really, but why HIM?? Why not me??? Why can't I be happy eating once a day?? Actually, I think it's because he's in love. Well, at least in like. Here he is with his sister, who will graduate from Geneva next year, and my folks, the 2 best 'rents in the world. Yeah, I know, a lot of people think their parents are the best, but until you meet mine, you can't really be sure now, can you?!


Here's the boy with his sis and his eldest step-sis, who will graduate next year from East Stroudsburg University. And my youngest step-daughter will graduate from high school (hopefully), so we are going to be B-U-S-Y next spring!!! I already notified all 3 young ladies that we are doing 1, I repeat, ONE graduation party for the 3 of them together.





We took this picture in front of the Geneva library. Side-note: my best friend got engaged on these steps 35 years ago!

I'm not sure my son ever stepped foot inside, but his GPA was good, so whatever he did worked for him. Now he just needs a JOB!! And delivering pizzas is NOT a permanent option, Son!!

6 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Do I sense a little pride here? Well maybe a whole bunch! You are blessed!

CrossView said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations to Mr. Madagascar!

Only there's no way I'm going to one meal a day...

Karen said...

Congratulations to Son!

carrie said...

congratulations all around!!

Yay!

40winkzzz said...

Exciting stuff! Hard to believe my own firstborn will be graduating from college in a year, and my 2nd from high school. I'm not sure where that time went. Wasn't it just yesterday that they were drooling all over their bibs? (Actually, it probably was, but we're not going to talk about that... ;-)

Sara said...

It makes me feel old to see kids I remember as being little graduating from college. They're such gorgeous kids!