Friday, May 23, 2008

Husband + Furry Friends Network = New Puppy

Let me just say that I am still very sad over my Jen Jen's death and had no desire for another dog. Until I saw Allie. My husband found her sister on the website of Furry Friends Network, and of course I just HAD to look. Then I saw Allie and was in love. After two weeks of home visits, dog visits, vet records check, 2 references, much paperwork and $200, we have a puppy. She's a true redneck, hailing from West VA and was one day away from being given away in a Kroger's Market parking lot. Hum. Maybe that's what we should have named her. Anyway, she's been ours for a whole 20 hours now and we haven't had an "accident"... yet. We literally, I kid you not, spend 2 hours in the van on the way back from The Boy's graduation brainstorming on names and Allie was the only one that no one hated, so there you have it. She's almost 6 months old and part Collie, German shepherd, and Norwegian elkhound (kind of like a husky), plus a little of this and that. The best part is that as of today, my daughter got a job at PetsMart and will get 8 weeks of puppy training for free, saving us $100!!!! Whoot, whoot! If you need me, I'll be busy housebreaking, crate training, and leash training Allie, plus feeding our herd of 5 cats, 4 kids, 3 dogs, and 1 husband. I'll get back to you in about, oh, 2 months.

7 comments:

CrossView said...

Oh my! She's adorable!

But with all the work, money, etc. it may have been cheaper just to have another child. No! Wait! There's that college thing...
Never mind!

Welcome Home, Allie!

carrie said...

I'm a little jealous of your no accident comment. I'm about to lose my mind over here!

Karen said...

Welcome, Allie! So cute! Enjoy your menagerie!

Indian Lake Papa said...

If you could get a job at a men's store maybe you could get some free men's training lessons! Wouldn't that be cool! don't tell mama if you find one!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Allie is such a cutie!

I'm so sorry about your loss of Jen.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Where are you ??? Are you okay ??

Retrieverman said...

Your dog looks like a dog my grandpa had in the 1970's. This dog was born in West Virginia, and it was a mix of sShetland sheepdog and Norwegian elkhound.