Sunday, September 28, 2008

voting in a new way

My husband had a great idea last night. Forget voting for "candidates." Let's vote on the issues. Let's give each person 2 view points (Republican and Dummycrat, I mean, Democrat) on all the major issues... education, abortion, economy, foreign affairs, etc. Then the candidate that most closely matches your ideals would get your vote. That way we're not swayed by looks, race, ability to deliver or not deliver a speech, age, etc. Our vote would be purely on the grounds of what we believe and what we hold true. I don't know if this would truly work, but it sounds good!

4 comments:

CrossView said...

Might be a better idea... LOL!

But if you have strong anti-abortion leanings, then Democratic is completely ruled out. The belief in abortion is listed in their party's platform... =X

Karen said...

I like the idea. Your rants are so much more civil than mine. How do you do that?

Indian Lake Papa said...

Your idea sounds revolutionary - maybe I will have to turn off the tv ads.

Mostly Sunny said...

And fyi, I am a full-blown pro-lifer and always vote that way! :)